- Microsoft Scsi Driver
- SCSI Commands Reference Manual - Seagate.com
- What Do Scsi.cmd.abortedByHost Errors Mean? - NetApp ...
- Scsi Controller Driver
K December 2017 Fibre Channel (FC) Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) SCSI Commands Reference Manual. Single Ended Parallel SCSI icon/logo Small Computer System Interface (SCSI, / ˈskʌzi / SKUZ-ee) is a set of standards for physically connecting and transferring data between computers and peripheral devices. The SCSI standards define commands, protocols, electrical, optical and logical interfaces. Control Access at the Command Level Create guardrails and controls for individual and shared accounts to restrict dangerous and sensitive actions, even for root users. Cmd is a paradigm-shift over traditional access management, providing granular control over what accounts can do without complex overhead.
scsi_id: retrieve and generate a unique SCSI identifier
Command to display
scsi_id manual in Linux:
$ man 8 scsi_id
NAMEscsi_id - retrieve and generate a unique SCSI identifier
DESCRIPTIONscsi_idqueries a SCSI device via the SCSI INQUIRY vital product data (VPD) page 0x80 or0x83 and uses the resulting data to generate a value that is unique acrossall SCSI devices that properly support page 0x80 or page 0x83.
If a result is generated it is sent to standard output, and the programexits with a zero value. If no identifier is output, the program exitswith a non-zero value.
scsi_id is primarily for use by other utilities such as udevthat require a unique SCSI identifier.
By default all devices are assumed black listed, the --whitelisted option mustbe specified on the command line or in the config file for any usefulbehaviour.
SCSI commands are sent directly to the device via the SG_IO ioctlinterface.
In order to generate unique values for either page 0x80 or page 0x83, theserial numbers or world wide names are prefixed as follows.
Identifiers based on page 0x80 are prefixed by the character 'S', the SCSIvendor, the SCSI product (model) and then the the serial number returnedby page 0x80. For example:
Identifiers based on page 0x83 are prefixed by the identifier typefollowed by the page 0x83 identifier. For example, a device with a NAA(Name Address Authority) type of 3 (also in this case the page 0x83identifier starts with the NAA value of 6):
The defaultbehaviour is to query the available VPD pages, and use page 0x83 if found,else page 0x80 if found, else nothing.
Page pre-spc3-83 should only be utilized for those scsi devices whichare not compliant with the SPC-2 or SPC-3 format for page 83. While thisoption is used for older model 4, 5, and 6 EMC Symmetrix devices, itsuse with SPC-2 or SPC-3 compliant devices will fallback to the page 83format supported by these devices.
Microsoft Scsi Driver
AUTHORSDeveloped by Patrick Mansfield <patmans [at] us.ibm.com> based on SCSI IDsource included in earlier linux 2.5 kernels, sg_utils source, and SCSIspecifications.
SCSI Commands Reference Manual - Seagate.com
Pages related to scsi_id
What Do Scsi.cmd.abortedByHost Errors Mean? - NetApp ...
- scsi_ch_swp (8) - change SCSI Software WRITE Protect and block device settings
- scsi_logging_level (8) - access Linux SCSI logging level information
- scsi_mandat (8) - check SCSI device support for mandatory commands
- scsi_readcap (8) - do SCSI READ CAPACITY command on disks
- scsi_ready (8) - do SCSI TEST UNIT READY on devices
- scsi_satl (8) - check SCSI to ATA Translation (SAT) device support
- scsi_start (8) - start one or more SCSI disks
- scsi_stop (8) - stop (spin down) one or more SCSI disks
- scsi_temperature (8) - fetch the temperature of a SCSI device
- scsi-rescan (8) - script for adding and removing SCSI devices without rebooting